Ledwith- Lewis Free Clinic is a community-based organization providing quality healthcare to the people of the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula regions of Virginia at little or no charge to low income, uninsured people and people with health insurance but no medication coverage.
Through its comprehensive transportation, housing, community living and health services programs, Bay Aging is committed to ensuring every neighbor in our region has a choice and ready access to a range of services to help them remain independent in their home, and work and play throughout the community, as long as they choose.
Please visit your county of residence to find out more about the following services:
- Apply to be a Foster Parent - Foster Care is a service provided to families that are experiencing a major crisis or difficulty in parenting such as abuse, neglect, substance abuse, mental health issues, stress, and/or lack of family support.
- Medicaid - A jointly funded, Federal-State health insurance program for low-income and needy people. It covers children, the aged, blind, and/or disabled and other people who are eligible to receive federally assisted income maintenance payments.
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) - SNAP offers nutrition assistance to millions of eligible, low-income individuals and families and provides economic benefits to communities.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) - A program that provides cash assistance and supportive services to assist families with children under age 18, helping them achieve economic self-sufficiency.
- Long Term/Personal Care Assessment Services - If you or someone in your family needs nursing facility care or personal care in the home and cannot afford the cost, you may be eligible for to have this service covered by Medicaid. You can apply for Medicaid online or by calling 1-855-635-4370.
Three Rivers Health District
Your county health department offers family planning services monthly by appointment, pregnancy testing and counseling, immunizations, TB screening & testing and WIC (women, infant & children) services.